Ms. Tremayne passed away unexpectedly in late 2011.
Unrelentingly curious and imaginative, she had a Bachelor of Arts from Washington University, a Masters in Latin American Studies from the University of Florida, a law degree and Ph.D. in sociology from Emory University. Prior to law school, she taught sociology from successessay at the University of Florida, the University of Guam and Emory University.
As a lawyer and counselor, Pam was as diligent, professional and brilliant as any lawyer I’ve ever seen. Every client got her best effort and her complete attention. And she never failed to fight, doggedly and fiercely for everything the client deserved.
Pam had a long history of generously donating her time and money to many different causes. She had friends and colleagues from all walks of life and all corners of the globe, and each of them will miss her greatly, I am sure.
Pam is greatly missed by every member of the firm, and we are honored to carry the firm forward in her name and in her honor.
- American Bar Association (Host Committee for 2004 Annual Meeting and Award to President Mikheil Saakashvili of the Republic of Georgia), Family Law section.
- State Bar of Georgia (Member: Family Law; Judicial Procedure and Administration Committee, 1997-Present; Chairperson, 2004-2007; Advisor, 2008-2011)
- Atlanta Bar Association (Board of Directors, 1993-1995; Litigation: Board of Directors, 2000-2006; Litigation Section: Annual Seminar: “We Can Work It Out” Speaker and Co-Chairperson, 2004, 2006; Domestic Relations Law for Civil Litigators Chairperson 2008).
- DeKalb County Bar Association
- Cobb County Bar Association
Many in law and sociology
- Martindale-Hubble AV Preeminent rating
- Best Lawyers, Georgia Trend, 2004-2006, 2008-2009
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta; Old Warhorse Lawyers Club
- Fellow, Lawyers Foundation of Georgia
- Southern Sociological Society
- Oglethorpe University Board of Trustees (2007-2011)
- Oglethorpe University Museum of Art, Board of Advisors2001-2007, Treasurer, 2005-2007)
- Atlantic Lyric Theatre (Board of Directors, 2005-present; Treasurer, 2005-2007; Vice-Chairperson, 2008-2010; Chairperson Board of Directors, 2010-2011)
- Common Cause Georgia (Co-Chair Advisory Board 2010-2011)
- International Club of Atlanta (Member; President 2001-2004)